Just as in everything, there comes a special rhythm with breastfeeding. I tapped into one of my awesome mommy networks to hear what are the oddest/funniest things they caught themselves or their families doing because of breastfeeding in their family. Thanks to the mamas who gave me permission to share their stories.
You know you're a breastfeeding mom when...
- You don't even think twice about taking your breasts out in front of you friends. And maybe some of those friends wait a year or so to see you again.-Maura
- .Your teenagers tell you, with an ornery smirk, that you can't enter a place that says "No outside food or drink allowed," because YOU are food!-Elizabeth
- You answer the door and you have two boob leaks on the front of your shirt.-Victoria
- You are at home and topless for the first 3 months of your kid's life. You might even become so accustomed to being topless that you could forget you're half naked when you answer the door.... luckily I caught myself just in time.-Mackenzie
- When my toddler starts crying "My mama milk!" in public while I nurse his little sister. Or when you offer "cold milk" and they loudly proclaim "NO! Mama milk!"-Shannon
- When you are giving your toddler a bath and they suddenly decide that's a good time for a snack and pull your shirt down (soaking it) while you now must hunch over the bathtub while continuing to wash them lol!-Katrina
- When you no longer choose clothing for its style, but for its accessibility.-Amanda
- When random people seeing your nipple doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore.-Victoria
- No one in the house bats an eye when the baby/toddler likes to sit with his hand shoved inside your bra shirt.-Elizabeth
- When your baby wakes up in the middle of the night and you feel relieved.-Victoria
What's your funniest or most surreal breastfeeding experience?